Tuesday, March 2, 2010

When and Wear-Ken Downing

I came across this trend watch by Ken Downing, and felt I would share it with all of you!

Although I live in the here and now, it's my job to be on the lookout
for the new and the next! I am currently in Europe at the fall collections
and reflecting on how truly terrific Spring 2010 looks. It's interesting
to me that fashion continues to be an evolution, as opposed to a revolution.

The chic shades of BLUE that I am crazy about for spring transition to
fall mixed with deep greens, purples, and teals inspired by the
exuberance of a peacock's tail.

SHORTS, which I feel so strongly about for the spring season ahead,
appear for fall as winter Walking Shorts worn with ribbed tights.

Pants--narrow or full--fill the runways, and we are seeing the return of
the Pant Suit. So chic!
Trust me, the RELAXED PANTS trend for spring really has legs.

Of course, the FEMININE DRAPING that defines spring is reimagined in
colors and fabrications for fall that make it more irresistible than
ever.

And, don't even get me started on animal prints--it's all about the
ocelot print.

I hope it gives you confidence that so many of our favorite spring looks
and trends will effortlessly transition into your fall wardrobe as we
move further into the next season.

- Ken Downing, NM Fashion

0 comments:

WWD Fashion Headlines

ELLE Fashion

InStyle Headlines