Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taking a Sick Day


Waking up this morning was hard. Admittedly, it probably wasn’t too responsible of me to have gone out on a school night, but I had a date with one of my dear, dear friends, and we had some serious catching up to do. Work problems, boy problems--you know how these nights go. The stuff best talked out over a nice stiff cocktail. And the mixologists at the Counting Room in Williamsburg knew just how to serve us up. And FYI, the Lazy Spring and the Hollagolla were just what the doctor ordered.

There was a reason for our hang, though; it wasn’t just about gossiping and drinking--though there’s always room for that. But we wanted to see a band. Yep, just your typical ladies night, Brooklyn style. This amazing band North Highlands played a free show at Brooklyn Bowl, which is probably the hippest bowling alley you’ll ever step foot into. Like, for real. Bowling, booze, bands--a hipster haven, if there ever was one.

So there we were, surrounded by some seriously styled music lovers, sipping our cocktails, bopping our heads, dancing in the crowd with everyone else who made sure to bring their dancing shoes. All of which made for a night out in funtown. And the fact that I met Max, a charming lumberjack hottie with his requisite flannel and some scruffy facial hair to complete his Paul Bunyan look, who chatted me up in between sets and asked for my number before the night was over, well it just made an already great night that much more memorable.

But right about now I’m thinking that I probably should have had dinner before hittin’ the sauce. So I plan to stay in bed on this chilly October day, staying comfy and cozy in my Jasmine Di Milo wool/cashmere knit sweater, napping and letting my Netflix Watch Instantly keep me company.

Oh, but wait. What’s this? Max just texted me and wants to get coffee! Well, I can surely drag my butt out of bed for this! I just need to make sure to put on some concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes. Thankfully this sweater is so chic with the open-seam detailing in the back, all I need to do is throw some black leggings on complete my effortless look. And hiding behind my Ray-Bans can’t hurt either.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

WWD Fashion Headlines

ELLE Fashion

InStyle Headlines